Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More background...our wedding :)


This is a blog I wrote shortly after Josh and I got married.  Unfortunately, neither of our families were there, but we had our 2 best friends standing by our sides.  We knew that we were getting married rather quickly, but when you know it's right, why wait??  We've already lasted longer than everyone thought we would!  We didn't let negative people, or a deployment tear us apart, and as we always told each other, we came out of the deployment stronger.  No regrets baby :)

Current mood:  loved
January 24, 2008
Driving there was a blur. Walking in and up the grand stairway was done in a flash. Holding onto his hands while we said I do was breathtaking. Everything was over so quickly…I wish I could've held onto it longer. That kiss is one I will hold onto for the rest of my life. I will never forget that feeling I had when he kissed me right after our vows
Standing beside us were our best friends in the whole world. Watching us give our lives to eachother. They've been there since day 1 with Josh and I. They've watched it unfold between us. As Odessaput's so well…I just thought you guys were fucking, I didn't think you'd fall in love! LOL 
There were problems before the ceremony of course…coz what wedding comes off w/out a hitch? Bottom line, we stood there and promised eachother to share our lives together. 
It took a long time for me to find happiness…and TRUE love. I love him like I've never loved before. I have never felt this strongly for someone. He is my heart.
As happy as we were on Saturday night, and as much as we completely enjoyed our time together, in the back of our heads we were plagued w/disappointment. It is so hard to be sooo happy and sooo sad at the same time. We were THRILLED to be married and be having such a good time w/close friends…but we were both sad knowing that we had less than 2 weeks left w/eachother. As much as we tried to not let us affect us on THAT particular day, we both know that it was there. 
On a happier note, I just want all my friends and family to know how much I love this man. How wonderful he is to me. This is it folks. I've found my soulmate…


Read more:http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=198284542&page=4#ixzz0tcX4hrKu

No comments:

Post a Comment