Thursday, January 13, 2011

Be careful w/your words...

A friend of mine talked today about the realization and effect words have.  Think before you speak, remember that words have a lasting effect.  I seem to forget this all too often, even though I've been reminded, at times cruelly.  Sometimes I don't think about the things that come out of my mouth to my son, or my husband, or anyone.  I know that I've said hurtful words to everyone.  Words that I can never take back.  I was slapped in the face 3 1/2 years ago with my words, and I swore I'd be more careful from then on out.  Going thru old blogs that I've written, I'm grateful to have come across this particular one.  It reminded me that you never know what's going to happen.  Don't leave people with hateful words.  The world can be a cruel place.  Before I met Josh, I went thru a very bad break up.  A break up that led to other things, and eventually meeting Josh.  But during the grieving process of this break up, I said horrible things.  I wished horrible things.  In my head I hated him.  And I said it as often as I could.  I was very angry and bitter.  Then one day I got the call, he had been in an accident, and by God's good grace, had lived thru it.  I wrote a blog that night about it, and sent it to him in an email.  And going back and reading it tonight, I'm reminded once again to mind my words.  To treat others how I want to be treated.  To pull my children and my husband into my arms every day and remind them how much they mean to me.  To not take them for granted for one single second.  To think before I speak, and to never let them think for a second that they mean anything less than the world to me.  Because they are my life and I love them with all I have.

This blog is from September 2007 and will forever be a reminder to me that life is too short, and anything can happen at any given moment.


I thank God...

thank God everyday for alot of things.  My family and friends, my job, roof over our heads, food on the table..
But today I thanked God for something bigger.  I thanked God for your life.  I thanked him that you weren't hurt more then what you were.  I thanked him for sparing your life...again.  I thanked him for not taking you from us.  Coz no one is ready for you to NOT be here. 
I know I've been angry w/you.  I know I said some harsh things.  I'm just glad that I've been given another chance to leave you with nicer words.  coz you never know what will happen. 
So here goes:  I wish you nothing but happiness.  I hope one day you find love.  I hope that you live your life to the fullest.  I have no regrets.  You were a big part of who I am today.  I will always be grateful for the time that we had. 
The world isn't ready to let you go yet.  Heal quickly...
You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I am grateful for this reminder tonight, and will be waking my sleeping husband up to tell him how much I love him.  Let us not forget how deeply words can hurt.

Love to all my family and friends!  

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment